OLIGEN CONTROL COLESTEROL 60 capsules
60 - capsules
NUTRITIONAL RECOMMENDATIONS: CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE
One third of all deaths in Spain are due to cardiovascular disease. The main risk factors for the same are1:
· Elevated plasma LDL cholesterol and low HDL cholesterol
· High plasma triglyceride
· Arterial hypertension
· Mellitus diabetes
· Sedentarism and overweight, particularly abdominal obesity
· A diet rich in sodium and trans and saturated fatty acids
· A poor intake of omega-3 fatty acids, fruits, vegetables, fish, nuts and olive oil
Polyunsaturated omega-3 fatty acids positively modify the lipid profile, blood pressure, cardiac function, vascular reactivity, cardiac electrophysiology and also have antiplatelet and anti-inflammatory effects. Folate supplements (vitamin B9) and vitamin B6 supplements decrease elevated levels of homocysteine, which demonstrates its protective action for coronary heart disease1.
It is therefore essential to change unhealthy habits of life and make our diet meet the mentioned characteristics.
Oligen Control Cholesterol
In many cases it is beneficial to supplement the diet with those nutrients and substances where it is known or expected an insufficient supply, comprising docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and vitamins B1, B6, B9 and B12.
Monacolin K has proved to be useful for maintaining proper levels of blood cholesterol. As the intake of this substance tends to decrease the body's levels of coenzyme Q10, the supplementation of this coenzyme is advisable in these cases.
Oligen Control Cholesterol contains all these substances in optimal daily amounts.
DHA 80% TG enzymatic: 480 mg
More than 90% of total fatty acids: daily intake DHA EPA 504mg
According to the reports from the EFSA (European Food Safety Authority):
· EPA and DHA contribute to the normal function of the heart2 (daily intake 250mg DHA EPA).
· DHA contributes to the maintenance of normal vision in adults (daily intake 250mg) and of normal brain function3.
4 VITAMINS: coverage of extra needs or not covered
Vitamin B1 and heart function 100% daily intake of the reference value
EFSA report on vitamin B1 and cardiac function:
· Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) contributes to the normal function of the heart
VITAMINS B6, B9, B12 and homocysteine 100% of the daily intake of the reference value.
EFSA report on the role of these substances and homocysteine:
· Vitamins B6, B9 (folate) and B12 participate in the metabolism of homocysteine5, 6, 7. Hyperhomocysteinemia is a risk factor for cardiovascular disease and cognitive dèficits8.
Monacolin K (10mg/day) and coenzyme Q10 (60mg/day)
· Monacolin K from red yeast rice (Monascus purpureus)* contributes to the maintenance of normal blood cholesterol levels9.
Warnings (contained in the labeling, due to the presence of Monascus purpureus): those who do not need to control their blood cholesterol level or who are intolerant to statins, children, adolescents, pregnant and nursing mothers should not take it. The physician should take into account whether the person is taking medicines to lower cholesterol or whether he has liver problems.
· Coenzyme Q 10. As when taking other substances intended to control plasma cholesterol levels it is advised that ingestion of monacolin K is accompanied by an intake of this terpenoid coenzyme, also called ubiquinone.
1. Quiles Izquierdo J. Nutrición y enfermedad cardiovascular. Kellogg’s. Coordinación: Carvajal Azcona A, Martínez Roldán C. Manual práctico de nutrición y salud. Ed Exlibris ediciones SL. Madrid 2012, p. 311-332.
2. EFSA Journal 2010;8(10):1796 y 2011;9(4): 2078
3. EFSA Journal 2010;8(10):1734 y 2011;9(4):2078
4. EFSA Journal 2009 ;7(9) :1222
5. EFSA Journal 2010;8(10):1759
6. EFSA Journal 2009;7(9):1213
7. EFSA Journal 2010;8(10):4114
8. Gil Hernández A. Tratado de Nutrición. Bases fisiológicas y bioquímicas de la nutrición, vol. 1, 2010, p. 533-535
9. EFSA Journal 2011;9(7
2 capsules a day.
Do not exceed this dose unless expressly indicated.
DHA 80% fish oil (anti-oxidants: natural extracts rich in tocopherols, propyl gallate, ascorbyl palmitate), Monascus purpureus * (from red yeast rice), coating agent (fish gelatin), humectant (glycerin), emulsifiers (yellow bees wax and soy lecithin), coenzyme Q10, dye (beta carotene), cyanocobalamin, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamine mononitrate and pteroilmonoglutamic acid (folic acid).
60 capsules Net weight 45,7 g.
NRV: Nutrient Reference Value